Wednesday, July 18, 2012

English Corner

One of the classes we get to teach is called English Corner. It is usually a place were the student teachers can practice what they have been learning in class. On of their favorite things to do so far is to play Cocktail Hour. It is where we tell them to go around and try to talk to 5 people in 10 min. Sometimes we put a twist in it by getting some of the students to pretend to be someone else. The other students have to find them and then ask them enough questions to figure out who the person is pretending to be. All of them are very interested in learning new teaching methods to bring back to their own classroom. On of the problems they say is hard to fix is that the kids are sometimes lacking in interest during English class. They want to make it more fun and engaging. It has been a lot of fun teaching them new games, and making them laugh, and to have fun together. One thing that has prepared me for teaching in China was the years that I helped with summer camp. I really feel like I am back at camp teaching people how to work together. That made me real happy because I was going to miss not having the camp experience this year. Now I just get to experience it in China   Kim

2 comments:

  1. Love this!! We will miss you at White Branch and pray for you while you are at "other camp."

    ReplyDelete
  2. They seem to be enjoying themselves in this photo. Life is a long lesson of teaching people how to work together, you got that right. I fed your fish again, lol. I love you.

    ReplyDelete