Friday, July 13, 2012

Ya'an China

It is great to say we are in Ya'an China. It is a place famous for Tea, Pandas, and fish, in that order it seems. To get a sense of the climate the town we are staying in is also know by its other name which translates to Rain City. Lucky for us it has been sunny so far. It is also about 5 to 10 degrees cooler than Nanjing as it is higher in altitude and in the foothills. I was fun meeting our leaders here and today we are going to go shopping to buy supplies for our class. Our First Assistant who's english name is Nancy went walking with us last night after dinner. I really got a sence of the community here because during our walk along the river we met a lot of her family and friends. It was really fun when her students, she is a chinese english teacher in primary school, would come running up to her to say hi. The children from her class were eager to test their English with us, and although they were shy I was very impressed that they did so well. We also met her family and her brothers wife has a little baby girl about 8 months old. She insisted I hold the baby to take my picture. In china babies don't usually were diapers because it is to hot, and they  just have pants open to the air in the middle. So I didn't hold Cute (here name in english) for very long.

~Kim
Picture,
they don't waist any space on the buses here. this was our bus ride on our way to get to the Plane.

2 comments:

  1. Did you ride the bus too? That's funny about the baby. I'm glad we have diapers, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I see you rode this bus to get to the plane. I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete